HSK Level 6
HSK level 6 assesses candidates’ ability in daily practice of the Chinese language. This is the equivalent of Level V of the Chinese Proficiency Scale for Speakers of Other Languages and level C2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF). Applicants who have passed HSK Level 6 can easily understand written and spoken information in Chinese. Finally, they can effectively express their opinions both orally and in writing.
List of Chinese Characters You Need to Know for HSK 6 Exam
Purpose of the HSK 6 exam
HSK level 6 is for students who have mastered 5,000 or more general words.
Contents of the HSK 6 exam
The HSK 6 exam consists of listening, reading and writing tests and includes a total of 101 exams.
The exam lasts 140 minutes (including 5 minutes during which candidates fill out personal information).
1. Listening comprehension HSK 6
- Part 1 consists of 15 elements. The recording of each element will only be heard once. A short passage will be read for each element and four possible answers will be suggested on the exam sheet. The candidate should choose the most appropriate answer to the passage.
- Part 2 consists of 15 elements. The recording of each element will only be heard once. The recordings of 3 interviews will be heard, followed by 5 questions. Each question will be asked 4 possible answers, from which candidates will choose the best answer based on what they heard in the passage.
- Part 3 consists of 20 elements. The recording of each element will be listened to several times. Many passages will be read, followed by questions. Each question will be asked 4 possible answers, from which candidates will choose the best answer based on what they heard in the passage.
2. Understanding HSK 6 text
- Part 1 consists of 10 elements. Each element consists of 4 sentences. The candidate must notice a grammatically incorrect sentence.
- Part 2 consists of 10 elements. Each element consists of a short section with 3-5 holes. The candidate should choose the best possible answer depending on the context.
- Part 3 consists of 10 elements. There will be 2 extracts, both of 5 holes. The candidate should choose the best answer among 5 sentences depending on the context.
- Part 4 consists of 20 elements. This section consists of several passages followed by a question. The candidate must choose the correct answer from 4 possible ones.
3. Writing HSK 6
The candidate is encouraged to read an article of approximately 1000 words in 10 minutes and then rewrite a short article of approximately 400 words in 35 minutes. The candidate must also find and write the title of the article. The candidate must tell a story, not express a personal opinion.
4. HSK 6 results
For HSK level 6, four scores will be disclosed: listening, reading, writing and overall score. The candidate must score at least 180 points out of 300 possible for admission.
The Chinese language certificate opens the door to admission to Chinese universities for international students. HSK is also the benchmark for companies to measure Chinese proficiency when applying for a job. HSK results are valid for 2 years. (From the day of the exam)
You are on the page where you can see all the information about the HSK 6 exam, but you can also see additional information using the buttons.